Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pumpkin


Pumpkin soup with garlic cream


Roasted pumpkin seeds


Baked pumpkin

Yesterday I got 7 pumpkins to store and last through the winter, and baked one today. I roasted the seeds too - delicious! I'm going to make some soup and a pie.

I just made the soup and it was pretty easy. Here is the recipe.

Pumpkin Soup

2 c pumpkin pulp
1 c water
1 chicken bullion cube
salt
pepper
curry
garlic
cayenne pepper
cumin

Heat the pulp, water and bullion on medium heat. Blend with a stick blender (if you don't have one put it in your blender or food processor). Then add the spices to taste. I just sprinkled a dash of everything. I topped it off with some garlic cream I had leftover from a party. Very tasty!

Garlic Cream

2 heads garlic
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 c parmesan
salt
splash of milk

Cut the tops off of the 2 heads of garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for an hour at 400. Let them cool and then squeeze the garlic out into a bowl. Mix together with the cream cheese. Add parmesan and salt and mix. I do this with a fork but you can use a hand mixer if you like. Add a little milk to make it spreadable. Serve with crackers (or put it on your soup!). I made water crackers with caraway seeds to serve with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment