Friday, October 8, 2010

Sweet Potatoes and Sage

I made this dish today for lunch and it was yummy!


Sage from my mother's garden


Sweet Potatoes


Saute


Steam


Serve

My son was over for lunch and he is a vegetarian so I made this dish for him. It's really good so you might want to try it.

Sweet Potatoes and Sage

1 large sweet potato
6 sage leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
1 c water
2 tbsp butter

Shred the sweet potato - I like to use my food processor. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Saute the sage leaves. Add sweet potatoes to the pan and saute about 10 minutes. Boil some water in a tea kettle. Make a well (a space in the middle) in the sweet potatoes and pour about a cup of the water in the middle. This will steam the potatoes. Stir around until the water evaporates. Then add the butter and serve with the sage leaves. 2 servings

This is a great fall dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment